POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur and ultra_wide_angle camera : Re: Focal blur and ultra_wide_angle camera Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur and ultra_wide_angle camera
From: Ron Parker
Date: 8 Dec 1999 11:50:34
Message: <slrn84t2ug.v8.ron.parker@ron.gwmicro.com>
On Wed, 08 Dec 1999 08:18:25 +0100, Rico wrote:

>Is it possible to get focal blurring with an ultra_wide_angle camera ?

Only the perspective camera currently supports focal blur effects.  You
are correct that this is not documented.  Either it should be documented,
or it should be rectified for those cameras that can do focal blur (some,
such as orthographic, can't.)  Either way, it's probably a bug of some
kind.  It's not a superpatch thing, the official version does the same
thing.