POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Yo Colefax ! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Yo Colefax ! (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Ken
Subject: Yo Colefax !
Date: 3 Dec 1999 00:52:09
Message: <384759F9.F3AE2793@pacbell.net>
How come your lens effects are attenuating my background scattering
media into oblivion ?

I have two very small objects say x*.2 y*.05 in the xy plane which are
opposing each other translated -x +x a wee bit. In between them is a
light source and lens effect centered at the origin. Behind this is a
spot light about 50 units in the +z direction pointing back towards
the camera's location. Because of the scale of the objects the camera
is necessarily close i.e. z*-.2. I'm presuming that it is your effects
and the scale of my scene that is causing my beautiful scattering media
to look like randomly placed white spots.

Solution or live with it ?