POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Yo Colefax ! : Re: Yo Colefax ! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yo Colefax !
From: Ron Parker
Date: 3 Dec 1999 08:27:41
Message: <3847c54d@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 02 Dec 1999 21:49:45 -0800, Ken wrote:

>Solution or live with it ?

First, make sure the discs the lens effects plugin puts in front of
the camera are specified as hollow.  That does make a difference,
even for patch objects.  Unfortunately, it means you'll have to edit
Chris's masterwork if they're not.

Second, you might need to add some transparent bounds to force the
interval that passes through your scattering media to be shorter,
or you may need to increase the number of intervals (as a last
resort.)  I usually see this effect when the interval passing
through the media is much larger than the media effect itself.  It
is especially prominent when you specify atmospheric media.

If your media is forward-scattering only, you can get good effects
by adding a plane parallel to the camera plane just beyond the light
source.  If it's backward-scattering only, add such a plane just
before the light source and another one several units beyond the
light source (depending on scale.)  If it's both, add a plane at
the light source and another one beyond.  The idea is to force an
interval to evaluate over the part of the media that has the most
contribution to the scene.