POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Yo Colefax ! : Re: Yo Colefax ! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yo Colefax !
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 4 Dec 1999 09:55:05
Message: <38492b49@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> demanded to know:
> How come your lens effects are attenuating my background scattering
> media into oblivion ?

To which Nieminen Juha <war### [at] punarastascstutfi> complacently replied:
>   Hard to say anything without seeing the code. Perhaps it has
something to
> do with max_trace_level? (Even an advanced user can fall in that
sometimes...
> I do :) ).

If you are using the pre-defined lens effects (Lens.inc) then this
should happen automatically - by default the file increases the level to
20.  With many layered effects or other transparent objects in the scene
this may not be enough, so the trick is to increase the level *after*
you include Lens.inc (otherwise the include file will set it back to
20).