POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Morphing... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Morphing... (Message 21 to 25 of 25)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: Morphing...
Date: 30 Nov 1999 07:41:48
Message: <3843C607.F84DAD55@peak.edu.ee>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   Morphing should be theoretically possible with povray 3.1 (altough it may
> be easier with uvpov).

But it really isn't practical in script/macro form. It would be too
slow, especially because you rarely have meshes with the same number of
vertices and faces. I think POV script is just too clumsy and slow to do
testellation (even non-adaptive) in an effective manner. It may cope OK
with a few thousand vertices, but an average mesh is ten times that.

Margus

Post a reply to this message