POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Morphing... : Re: Morphing... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Morphing...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Nov 1999 07:50:18
Message: <3843C829.4A14E30@inapg.inra.fr>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> But it really isn't practical in script/macro form. It would be too
> slow, especially because you rarely have meshes with the same number of
> vertices and faces. I think POV script is just too clumsy and slow to do
> testellation (even non-adaptive) in an effective manner. It may cope OK
> with a few thousand vertices, but an average mesh is ten times that.
>
> Margus

There's something I've still have to try which is morphing between two Poser
meshes, for instance two meshes of the same character but with different poses.
The number of triangles would be slightly different but I guess they would be
more or less at the same "place" (foot, head etc.). Even if it wouldn't be a real
smooth morph, the effect of having little triangles flying around and  taking
shape could be cool.
G.