POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Editor Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Editor (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Fabien Hénon
Subject: Editor
Date: 12 Nov 1999 18:28:24
Message: <382CA20D.BD82DE96@club-internet.fr>
Hi you all.

I found a neat feature which I did not find (or which does not exist )
in the POV windows editor. That feature is that of finding the matching
opening (or closing) parenthese or brace in a declaration when the
cursor is next to brace or a parenthese.
Those who use Excel for Windows will know what I am talking about.
With Linux, an editor running under X does exactly that trick : Nedit.

One question : Is it something I missed out in POV for Windows os isn't
it implemented ?

Thanks !

Now that I think of it, may be I should have posted this in
povray.programming

Fabien

Post a reply to this message

>I found a neat feature which I did not find (or which does
>not exist ) in the POV windows editor. That feature is that
>of finding the matching opening (or closing) parenthese or
>brace in a declaration when the cursor is next to brace or a
>parenthese. ...

It's there. Select a brace, go to the menu item search then match
brace, the cursor jumps to the matching brace.

Ingo