POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : a horse of glass? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  a horse of glass? (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Calin Vatavu
Subject: a horse of glass?
Date: 1 Nov 1999 14:18:48
Message: <381DD79F.92E25AB5@aut.utt.ro>
I want to render a complex object in povray, entirely from glass, but I
can't use meshes with interior {I_Glass}, because meshes don't have
interior and are not permitted in intersections because are not
infinite...  All glass objects from all demos I have seen are simple
objects like spheres, boxes etc,
but what about a HORSE?

thanks
Calin

Post a reply to this message

> I want to render a complex object in povray, entirely from glass, but I
> can't use meshes with interior {I_Glass}, because meshes don't have
> interior and are not permitted in intersections because are not
> infinite...  All glass objects from all demos I have seen are simple
> objects like spheres, boxes etc,
> but what about a HORSE?

	IIRC uvpov has meshes with interior...

		Jerome

--
*******************************

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *
*******************************

Post a reply to this message

Having tried it just once there didn't seem to be a problem with regular
POV-Ray v3.1g and a triangle mesh with the interior {I_Glass} added to it.
UVPov is at: http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm just in case of a problem.

Bob

Jerome M. BERGER <jbe### [at] enstfr> wrote in message
> Calin Vatavu wrote:
> >
> > I want to render a complex object in povray, entirely from glass, but I
> > can't use meshes with interior {I_Glass}, because meshes don't have
> > interior and are not permitted in intersections because are not
> > infinite...  All glass objects from all demos I have seen are simple
> > objects like spheres, boxes etc,
> > but what about a HORSE?
> >

> IIRC uvpov has meshes with interior...
>
> Jerome
>
> --
> *******************************

> * they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
> * be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
> * Then do it.                 *

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:38:22 -0600, omniVERSE wrote:
>Having tried it just once there didn't seem to be a problem with regular
>POV-Ray v3.1g and a triangle mesh with the interior {I_Glass} added to it.

This is exactly right.  Interiors work just fine with closed, well-behaved
meshes, and even with a union of triangles or bezier patches.  Interior
won't work, however, if you have a single patch object or if the object
isn't closed or well-behaved (e.g. a Klein bottle)