POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MetaCreations Painter 3D Server Time
19 May 2024 17:53:08 EDT (-0400)
  MetaCreations Painter 3D (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Re: MetaCreations Painter 3D
Date: 30 Oct 1999 09:28:08
Message: <381af268@news.povray.org>
That's the one! I keep meaning to take some carefully posed digital photos
and see if it works...

http://www.metacreations.com/products/canoma/
> > > I just happened across it while net surfing.
> >
> >     I've seen somehting like it before but it had a free version your
> could
> > keep. I lost it with everything else but I will try to find it again.
> Maybe
> > Ken has a link to it? If I could remember the name....

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 30 Oct 1999 09:49:28
Message: <381af768@news.povray.org>
omniVERSE <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> http://www.photomodeler.com/Lite
>
> This is a freeware version of PhotoModeler that can be used to plot out
> points onto multiple photos or drawings and create 3D models.  Might be
what
> you were thinking of.

    I mean to say that I believe that thisis the way that some recent
commercials have done their effect. I forget the advertiser (which is a
comment on today's advertizing methods) but the effect was that two young
lovers meet in a plaze or something and time stands still. The camera
rotates around them -while they are still moving- but the rest of the
action, the falling leaves, the people in the background, are all frozen in
time. Quite cool and without detailed photogrammery I cannot think of a way
to do it.

    Big problem with this is that I don't believe that it exports to POV, if
I recall, if you want a POV file you have to send them your model and they
will export it for you... then they keep the model... I am downloading it
again and will comment further.

Post a reply to this message

> omniVERSE <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> > http://www.photomodeler.com/Lite
> >
> > This is a freeware version of PhotoModeler that can be used to plot out
> > points onto multiple photos or drawings and create 3D models.  Might be
> what
> > you were thinking of.
>
>     I mean to say that I believe that thisis the way that some recent
> commercials have done their effect. I forget the advertiser (which is a
> comment on today's advertizing methods) but the effect was that two young
> lovers meet in a plaze or something and time stands still. The camera
> rotates around them -while they are still moving- but the rest of the
> action, the falling leaves, the people in the background, are all frozen in
> time. Quite cool and without detailed photogrammery I cannot think of a way
> to do it.

That one's done a little differently. They have a series of high-speed
still-frame cameras that get triggered sequentially at a very high rate. This
was also used for the "bullet-time" in the Matrix. By having the cameras placed
in a cemi-circle around the subjects and firing them all at the same time, you
have that one moment recorded from all angles, and can then play them back.

http://www.whatisthematrix.com/cmp/sfx-bullet_frames.html

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message