POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MetaCreations Painter 3D : Re: MetaCreations Painter 3D Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MetaCreations Painter 3D
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 31 Oct 1999 01:17:15
Message: <381BDF22.B1D2F086@geocities.com>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> I think we are not talking about the same thing. The Matrix thing was done
> with blue screen and a motionless (if I recall properly) background with a
> few rendered bullet tracks. The commercial I am talking about froze a moving
> background (leaves and birds in the air) then did a 360 around it's
> circumference. If there had been cameras in the shot they were hidden quite
> well. The trick was to show a 360 sweep around a background all in one
> instance. Much different than doing a 360 on one object.
>
> The Matrix things had a completely different look. I think the couple in the
> commercial were blue screen and were set into a partially rendered setting,
> but I could be wrong... I'll look into it.

Yes. I think I know that commercial. That was one of the first big ones that
the specific effects company did. Same technology. The Matrix stuff just added
the green screen. The commercial had dove or pigeons, or whatever all over.

I remember reading about it in Millimeter before all the Matrix stuff.

Ahh. Found some of it.

http://www.virtualcamera.com/mm1.html

http://www.virtualcamera.com/

Could this be the commercial you were thinking of?

http://www.virtualcamera.com/images/discoverframe.jpg

http://www.virtualcamera.com/discover.html

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.