POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : UPD: the world of pov-ray users Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  UPD: the world of pov-ray users (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: UPD: the world of pov-ray users
Date: 12 Sep 1999 12:07:18
Message: <37dbcfb6@news.povray.org>
To whom it may concern:

  The World Map of Pov-Ray Users has never had better accuracy, I
discovered a flaw in the markers which caused them to be elevated
above the globe slightly and at oblique viewing angles this created a
position offset (thanks Antti!).  To summarize, they were once more
spherical and then had later been flattened out, this left their
centers hovering.  It wasn't so noticeable before the "zoom" views.
Plus there has been refinements made on a couple locations as well.
Enough said. Check it out again everyone, if you will.  If you are
near a edge of the "world" you may be surprised at the difference from
previous maps.

 http://members.aol.com/wrld0rigin/povwrldjpg.htm

PS   the map has been going for more than 6 months and I hope it keeps
going. If you haven't yet submitted your location please consider
doing so, just click on a part of one of the 3 globes which isn't
designated as North America, Europe, or Australia and that will take
you to the submission web page (be sure to bookmark the URL so you can
get back anytime).  Thanks to everyone.

Bob
--
omniVERSE