POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Philip Bartol
Subject: Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces
Date: 11 Aug 1999 03:26:50
Message: <37b125ba@news.povray.org>
I've got two projects (just for starters) that would use stone or brick on
non-flat surfaces...

I was thinking a bitmap wrapped around a cylinder should work (with a little
bump mapping) but both projects I have in mind are conical rather than
cylindrical.

On the slanted surface of a cone the image should get stretched or squished
right?

The current project would be painted brick (if I don't just go with a stucco
surface), but the other project would be stone. I've seen a tutorial on the
web for creating good looking stone textures, but I'm not sure how they would
work for a slanted surface.

Along the same lines I also have a cone shaped roof that I would like to tile,
but I may be changing the cone roof to a dome of glass, so that might not be
an issue (but the other project it will be, so I still would like to know how
to do that also).

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great....

Thanks in advance.

PHIL

-----[ to reply, the domain name is "concentric.net" ]-----
Spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of the
Allentown Public School System.

Post a reply to this message