POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces : Re: Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 11 Aug 1999 17:22:34
Message: <37b1e99a@news.povray.org>
Here's a simple tiled roof

#macro Make_Tiles(NTiles,Height,Rad,Rot,Peak)
  #local dTheta = 360/NTiles;
  #local Pt1 = vrotate(<0,Height,Rad>,dTheta/2*y);
  #local Pt2 = <-1,1,1>*Pt1;
     union{
       #local T=0;
       #while(T<360)
           triangle{Pt1,Peak,Pt2 rotate T*y}
           cylinder{Pt1,Peak,0.05 rotate y*T}
       #declare T = T + dTheta;
     #end
    rotate y * Rot
  }
#end

#declare Roof = union{
Make_Tiles(16, -1, 1.325, 0, 0)
Make_Tiles(16, -2, 2.325, 360/16/2, y*-0.15)
Make_Tiles(16, -3, 3.250, 0, y*-0.35)
Make_Tiles(16, -4, 4.250, 360/16/2, y*-0.95)
Make_Tiles(16, -5, 5.30, 0, y*-1.65)
pigment{color rgb<.37,.62,.62>}
file://normal {wrinkles scale 0.25}
normal{facets  coords .75}