POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Visions of "BLESS YOU!" (Message 31 to 40 of 65)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
Date: 13 Aug 1999 07:36:48
Message: <37b40350@news.povray.org>
>  If this millenium started at year 1000 and ends at year 1999, that would
>mean that this millenium has 1000 years but the previous millenium had only
>999 years (since it started from year 1, not year 0).

But it DOES start at 1, that's the point of this.

>1000 and ends at year 1999

That's incorrect, that means it has 999 years.

That's why the current millennium ends at the END of the year 2000 and the
new millennium starts at the start of the year 2001.

If you don't get it, explain to me this, if the first year is 1, which is
what you're suggesting, when you HIT the year 10, have you experience 10
years?  I think not... you must complete year 10 before you have had 10 full
years.

Get it?

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind

Post a reply to this message