POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Visions of "BLESS YOU!" (Message 11 to 20 of 65)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
Date: 11 Aug 1999 14:50:38
Message: <37B1C5FE.DEBCE98F@peak.edu.ee>
Well, if you want my expert opinion <g>, this group is too large and dynamic for
any definitive phases to evolve.
Such conflicts have flamed up in the past and are likely to occur in the future.
And yet this is one of the most productive and helpful groups I've seen. So
where does that leave us?
But that's enough sociological rambling from me.

Margus

Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> Lance Birch wrote:
> >[Sound words of wisdom snipped]
>
> I'd like to add something to this OT thread...
>
> Well, it has to come, sooner or later. I once participated in teamwork
> seminar where I learned, that every group has 4 phases of life:
> 1. Initial phase. Everyone in group is new, they are trying to
> acommodate and learn each other. (i.e. Creation of this server for
> newsgroups ca. 2 years ago)
> 2. "Arise of authorities" phase. In this phase people are familiar with
> each other and some more active people will start to dominate and take
> leadership. (In this server to name a few: .... (everyone can fill this
> by itself))
> 3. Conflict phase. This is avoidable unfortunately, question is, how
> serious it will be and how long it will last. Seems, like this community
> here is entered to this phase. In this phase some of people will try to
> change formed hierarchy, other are gathered enough familiarity with each
> other and will not be as "politically correct" as in first phases, when
> there is something to say.
> 4. Phase of productivity. Everyone is settled down and group will
> concentrate to its objectivity. Hopefully this phase will come and
> rather soon.
>
> Well, it has been long time since I learned it (5-6 years) and typed
> with my bad english, so please forgive, if there is something wrong.
> Additionally, if someone feels somehow offended by this posting, then I
> apologise sincerely.
>
> P.S. Perhaps this theory is just plain wrong and postings are carried
> with "end-of-world", "solar eclipse" or "millenium hysteria" feelings
> ;-)

Post a reply to this message