POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" : Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
From: TonyB
Date: 11 Aug 1999 18:47:08
Message: <37B1EED0.B9BA6EBB@panama.phoenix.net>
Since I came here people were nice to me. Except of course my first post,
which was "   >>>!!!Please read this!!!<<<   ", posted 5/24/98 in
.animations... I was inquiring into getting some help animating a robot I
had made, and guess who answered first?

"I think you should post this in povray.general or
povray.binaries.animations
because we are really only here for the Internet Movie Project and the
themes have already been decided for it.

--
Lance Birch
Remove the smiley to e-mail.

He was quickly corrected and apologized and all went on OK. I had another
skirmish with him later on, but all was quickly settled. I have actually had
several 'battles' here, but the people are wonderful, intelligent people and
know how to end disputes quickly and in a civilized manner. I like that. =)

In my time here, I have seen many leaders of the pack pop out. One who
caught my attention early on is our good friend Mr. Tyler, with his humor,
and excelent POVing skills. Then I started noticing Nieminen, Rune, Ron,
Peter, Greg, Marc, and a lot of other people. One person whom I disliked
from the start is our friend Giwer, whose posts have something I never
liked. Perhaps a slight air of arrogance? Perhaps that they were a bit
excessive in the beginning? In any case, I have grown used to his postings,
which have begun to dwindle a bit and have just gotten on with it, and
enjoyed this excellent resource of information and idea discussion.

I think that the stages I have seen have been where the group as a whole
shifts importance from one subgroup to another. For example, a while ago,
the main characters were the artists, then it shifted towards the
intellectuals, and now I see the programmers/patchers pretty much in the
center of attention. This shift does not affect the previous importance of
the others, who become the respected 'elders', so to speak, whose words are
held in high regard.

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB