POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height Field Data Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Height Field Data (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: David Vincent-Jones
Subject: Height Field Data
Date: 31 Jul 1999 12:40:36
Message: <37a32704@news.povray.org>
I am trying to convert 7.5' SDTS elevation data from
the USGS site and have used the SDTSEPOV.EXE
converter from BLM without any success.
This should give a Targa (POV) output file
Keep getting error messages "Error reading data record subfield"
Anybody had a similar problem?

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to convert 7.5' SDTS elevation data from
> the USGS site and have used the SDTSEPOV.EXE
> converter from BLM without any success.
> This should give a Targa (POV) output file
> Keep getting error messages "Error reading data record subfield"
> Anybody had a similar problem?

  I'm sorry I can't help with your problem but I would like to know where
you obtained SDTSEPOV.EXE. It would be a good addition to my links collection
if you could point me in the right direction or provide a direct link to the
page it is on.

Thanks,

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

> > I am trying to convert 7.5' SDTS elevation data from
> > the USGS site and have used the SDTSEPOV.EXE
> > converter from BLM without any success.
> > This should give a Targa (POV) output file
> > Keep getting error messages "Error reading data record subfield"
> > Anybody had a similar problem?
>
>   I'm sorry I can't help with your problem but I would like to know where
> you obtained SDTSEPOV.EXE. It would be a good addition to my links
collection
> if you could point me in the right direction or provide a direct link to
the
> page it is on.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Sorry, not exactly what you wanted, but there are freeware programs
concerning SDTS-files (including a SDTS2DEM utility) here:

http://caplter.asu.edu/intranet/support/software.htm

Greetings,

Gerald
ger### [at] aonat

Post a reply to this message

I sincerely beg your pardon, but I just ignored main internet rule:
"Never shoot from the hip" aka "Always confirm the links you provide".

The downloads from the above address don't seem to work.

Truly crushed,

Gerald
ger### [at] aonat

Post a reply to this message

> I sincerely beg your pardon, but I just ignored main internet rule:
> "Never shoot from the hip" aka "Always confirm the links you provide".
>
> The downloads from the above address don't seem to work.
>
> Truly crushed,
>
> Gerald
> ger### [at] aonat

  Don't be - crushed that is. It worked fine for me and has been dutifully
added to the collection. I also have a link for a dem2pov utility. It may
be a roundabout way of getting there but it is possible anyway.

 Thank you for your support.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

Thanks for the moral support, but I've finally found it
(SDTSEPOV, that is - there are other utilities there, too):

ftp://ftp.blm.gov/pub/gis/sdts/dem/

...with a sigh of relief,

Gerald
ger### [at] aonat

Post a reply to this message

> Thanks for the moral support, but I've finally found it
> (SDTSEPOV, that is - there are other utilities there, too):
>
> ftp://ftp.blm.gov/pub/gis/sdts/dem/
>
> ...with a sigh of relief,
>
> Gerald
> ger### [at] aonat

Whew ! It has been added and again thank you.