POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm old... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:35:43 EDT (-0400)
  I'm old... (Message 1 to 10 of 151)
From: TonyB
Subject: I'm old...
Date: 5 Sep 1999 17:50:48
Message: <37D2D63F.9F125099@panama.phoenix.net>
I just went through the images on Thomas van der Veen's page (Legos). I
am shocked to see that many pieces have been added that I do not
remeber. It has been a nice stroll down memory lane to see the pieces on
display. I wish I hadn't given my Legos to my nephew. He proceeded to
tear my masterpieces apart. I had a 12" robot that looked very cool. I
also had a space train of my own design. If only I could turn back
time...

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB

Non nova, sed nove.

Post a reply to this message

> I just went through the images on Thomas van der Veen's page (Legos). I
> am shocked to see that many pieces have been added that I do not
> remeber. It has been a nice stroll down memory lane to see the pieces on
> display. I wish I hadn't given my Legos to my nephew. He proceeded to
> tear my masterpieces apart. I had a 12" robot that looked very cool. I
> also had a space train of my own design. If only I could turn back
> time...

Only thing I remember about lego is that there were two sizes, big and
choke, and they came in different colors.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I just went through the images on Thomas van der Veen's page (Legos). I
> am shocked to see that many pieces have been added that I do not
> remeber. It has been a nice stroll down memory lane to see the pieces on
> display. I wish I hadn't given my Legos to my nephew. He proceeded to
> tear my masterpieces apart. I had a 12" robot that looked very cool. I
> also had a space train of my own design. If only I could turn back
> time...
>
> --
> Anthony L. Bennett
> http://welcome.to/TonyB

Lego is meant to take apart the things you created, so you can make new things,
isn't it?
BTW is it true that in some places Lego is sold as assembled models?

Remco

Post a reply to this message

But now you have the chance to recreate such things in POVRay...

TonyB schrieb:

> I just went through the images on Thomas van der Veen's page (Legos). I
> am shocked to see that many pieces have been added that I do not
> remeber. It has been a nice stroll down memory lane to see the pieces on
> display. I wish I hadn't given my Legos to my nephew. He proceeded to
> tear my masterpieces apart. I had a 12" robot that looked very cool. I
> also had a space train of my own design. If only I could turn back
> time...
>
> --
> Anthony L. Bennett
> http://welcome.to/TonyB
>
> Non nova, sed nove.

Post a reply to this message

But I have none of my old models to work from...

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB

Non nova, sed nove.