POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm old... : Re: I'm old... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm old...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Sep 1999 08:34:22
Message: <37d3b4ce@news.povray.org>
This is strange.  Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, Erector Set?  Were those
the only toys available back then? I had those too  : )  Actually, I
also had a remote control tank (well, cabled remote) one Christmas
that was pretty unforgettable. Think you're right about those Legos
though, like miniaturized baby blocks I believe I used to think of
them.  Almost a backward step in playtime.  My Tinker Toys had
propellers and wheels and plenty of imagination to go with (thank God
for that!).

Bob

Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message
news:37D### [at] pacbellnet...

> Lego's had just been invented.
> Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, and the Erector Set were the rage back
then and
> Lego's were of only passing interest to the hard core construction
oriented
> child. There were absolutly no "theme" oriented Lego packages
available at
> all. Not even wheels had been marketed in the dark older days of
Lego