POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm old... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  I'm old... (Message 11 to 20 of 151)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: I'm old...
Date: 6 Sep 1999 09:12:17
Message: <37D3BD98.9EB11C82@peak.edu.ee>
Back when I was young, only capitalists had Legos >:)

Margus

Ken wrote:

>   TonyB if you are old then I am ancient and I don't like the ramifications
> of that at all. When I was a very young child Lego's had just been invented.
> Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, and the Erector Set were the rage back then and
> Lego's were of only passing interest to the hard core construction oriented
> child. There were absolutly no "theme" oriented Lego packages available at
> all. Not even wheels had been marketed in the dark older days of Lego
> construction. Can you imagine that ? The things the people of my generation
> had to suffer when I was growing up couldn't possibly be imagined by the youth
> of today.
>   Did I mention the 10 miles of snow we walked through to get to school here
> in Southern California :)
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Sep 1999 10:03:43
Message: <dsjTN+5JjEkI3Q+vDvEOMFEkVThG@4ax.com>
On Mon, 06 Sep 1999 16:11:52 +0300, Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee>
wrote:

>Back when I was young, only capitalists had Legos >:)
>
>Margus

One of the morally degrading possessions of the materially obsessed
capitalist world, I guess. In the 'good ole times' I've only seen
Legos in Corecom stores, but those only accepted $ and the average
Bulgarian had no access to any western currency. My, even a Kinder
Surprise was a luxury then, and Toblerone was considered the food of
the Gods :)

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message