POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Black spots on a height field Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Black spots on a height field (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Wojtek Bauman
Subject: Black spots on a height field
Date: 21 Aug 1999 17:21:02
Message: <37bf183e@news.povray.org>
Howdy!

I have a strange effect while rendering a height field.
There are some black dots on it in some places and I don't
know what to do with it. I read the povray VFAQ and found
there something about that. But the only solution I found
was changing position of a camera. I've tried it many times,
but to no avail. There are too many black dots, so if one
disappears, there appears another in different place. Any
ideas of what should I do? Any patches? Thanks in advice.

--
Wojtek Bauman aka reaver | rea### [at] spleenwawpl | ICQ: 3429749 |
http://reaver.spleen.waw.pl | PGP: finger bauman@inx.pm.waw.pl |

Post a reply to this message

What version and platform are you running there?
Did you try the 'smooth' keyword yet? Just in case it's jaggedly
contoured.

Bob

Wojtek Bauman <rea### [at] spleenwawpl> wrote in message
> Howdy!
>
> I have a strange effect while rendering a height field.
> There are some black dots on it in some places and I don't
> know what to do with it. I read the povray VFAQ and found
> there something about that. But the only solution I found
> was changing position of a camera. I've tried it many times,
> but to no avail. There are too many black dots, so if one
> disappears, there appears another in different place. Any
> ideas of what should I do? Any patches? Thanks in advice.
>
> --
> Wojtek Bauman aka reaver | rea### [at] spleenwawpl | ICQ: 3429749 |
> http://reaver.spleen.waw.pl | PGP: finger bauman@inx.pm.waw.pl |

Post a reply to this message

> What version and platform are you running there?
> Did you try the 'smooth' keyword yet? Just in case it's jaggedly
> contoured.

I tried it. I also tried increasing max_trace_level,
max_intersections
and adc_bailout, but that didn't help.