POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVray and my clock. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  POVray and my clock. (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: GRedway
Subject: POVray and my clock.
Date: 27 Aug 1999 18:36:53
Message: <37C71309.8072C613@Totalise.co.uk>
POVray does strange things to my clock (the computer clock, not my body
clock - but now I mention it.) Each time I return after a render the
computer has lost time, but not the same amount of time it was
rendering. It also does it in power saving. It's irritating, so if
anyone knows how to fix this bucket of bolts I appreciate the info.

BTW. Is it just me or is it other POVers that have permenant jet-lag
from irregular sleeping hours brought about by the need to "just finish
this, it won't take long"?

	Graham.

Post a reply to this message

When I say 'bucket of bolts' I refer to my computer, not the master
crafted POVray that we know and love.

	Graham Redway.

GRedway wrote:

> POVray does strange things to my clock (the computer clock, not my body
> clock - but now I mention it.) Each time I return after a render the
> computer has lost time, but not the same amount of time it was
> rendering. It also does it in power saving. It's irritating, so if
> anyone knows how to fix this bucket of bolts I appreciate the info.
>
> BTW. Is it just me or is it other POVers that have permenant jet-lag
> from irregular sleeping hours brought about by the need to "just finish
> this, it won't take long"?
>
>         Graham.

Post a reply to this message

> POVray does strange things to my clock (the computer clock, not my body
> clock - but now I mention it.) Each time I return after a render the
> computer has lost time, but not the same amount of time it was
> rendering. It also does it in power saving. It's irritating, so if
> anyone knows how to fix this bucket of bolts I appreciate the info.
>
> BTW. Is it just me or is it other POVers that have permenant jet-lag
> from irregular sleeping hours brought about by the need to "just finish
> this, it won't take long"?
>
>         Graham.

To start with, could you tell us what version of POV-Ray are you using?
Other details about your OS would be useful.

Regards Alberto.

Post a reply to this message

With the speed( or lack of it ) of my machine, I wouldn't call it
jet-lag, just bad judgment on my part.

GRedway wrote:

> BTW. Is it just me or is it other POVers that have permenant jet-lag
> from irregular sleeping hours brought about by the need to "just finish
> this, it won't take long"?
>
>         Graham.

Post a reply to this message

That might help (it's getting late and my brain ceases to function at
this time.)
- Windoze '95 OSR 2,
- Time set for GMT 00:00 offset.
- WinPOV 3.1g,
- PII 233Mhz
- 192Mb RAM etc.

	Graham Redway

Alberto wrote:

> GRedway wrote:
>
> > POVray does strange things to my clock (the computer clock, not my body
> > clock - but now I mention it.) Each time I return after a render the
> > computer has lost time, but not the same amount of time it was
> > rendering. It also does it in power saving. It's irritating, so if
> > anyone knows how to fix this bucket of bolts I appreciate the info.
> >
> > BTW. Is it just me or is it other POVers that have permenant jet-lag
> > from irregular sleeping hours brought about by the need to "just finish
> > this, it won't take long"?
> >
> >         Graham.
>
> To start with, could you tell us what version of POV-Ray are you using?
> Other details about your OS would be useful.
>
> Regards Alberto.

Post a reply to this message

I'm guilty of staying up late rendering. I tend to get new ideas just when
I should go to bed.

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom