POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Multiplied densities Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Multiplied densities (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Multiplied densities
Date: 30 Jun 1999 13:21:58
Message: <377A51A1.C0D0983A@geocities.com>
Can someone remind me how to multiply the densities of media?  The POV
3.1a documentation is far from complete.

Preferrably, I'd like a specific example.  What I'd like to do is have
something "flaming" AND decreasing as one leaves a center point.  I'm
thinking that I could multiply a bozo and a spherical pattern.

Would I do:

Sphere{
        texture {blahblah}
        interior{
            media{
                density{}
                    }
            media{
                density{}
                    }
    etc.

OR

Sphere{
        texture {blahblah}
        interior{
            media{
                density{}
                density{}
                    }
    etc.

OR something else?

Post a reply to this message

> Can someone remind me how to multiply the densities of media?  The POV
> 3.1a documentation is far from complete.
>
> Preferrably, I'd like a specific example.  What I'd like to do is have
> something "flaming" AND decreasing as one leaves a center point.  I'm
> thinking that I could multiply a bozo and a spherical pattern.
>
> Would I do:
>
> Sphere{
>         texture {blahblah}
>         interior{
>             media{
>                 density{}
>                     }
>             media{
>                 density{}
>                     }
>     etc.
>
> OR
>
> Sphere{
>         texture {blahblah}
>         interior{
>             media{
>                 density{}
>                 density{}
>                     }
>     etc.
>
> OR something else?

Take a look at:

http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/POV/flame.pov

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

> Can someone remind me how to multiply the densities of media?  The POV
> 3.1a documentation is far from complete.
>
> Preferrably, I'd like a specific example.  What I'd like to do is have
> something "flaming" AND decreasing as one leaves a center point.  I'm
> thinking that I could multiply a bozo and a spherical pattern.

  Also see my posted example in povray.text.scene-files for a multiple
density flame example.