POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media + Output_Alpha = ? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Media + Output_Alpha = ? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Ole Laursen
Subject: Media + Output_Alpha = ?
Date: 28 Jun 1999 14:47:55
Message: <3777c35b@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Have anyone here succeded in producing a TGA with alpha channel of a scene
with a media object?

I can't get it to work; if I place the media inside a sphere with the
pigment "rgbt 1", nothing show up in the alpha channel. If I use the
pigment "rgbf 1", a totally solid circle show up.

// test scene; produces nothing in the alpha channel
#include "colors.inc"

camera {
  location <0,0,2.4>
  up y
  right x
  look_at 0
}

light_source {<10,10,10>, 0.65}

sphere { 0, 1
  hollow on
  pigment {rgbt 1} // change this to rgbf 1
  interior {       // and a solid circle occurs
    media {
      emission 1
      density {
        spherical
        turbulence 0.8 omega 0.75
        color_map {
          [0 Black filter 1]
          [1 Green filter 0]
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

sphere { 0, 0.5 pigment{Red transmit 0.5}}

// .ini file settings
Width=100
Height=100
Antialias=Off

Output_Alpha = on
Output_File_Type = T

Is it my head or is it POV-Ray that is broken? I need the alpha channel for
an explosion in a game.

Ole Laursen - http://sunsite.auc.dk/olau/
ARRGGH! IT'S ALIVE!

Post a reply to this message