POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV World Map update Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:42 EDT (-0400)
  PoV World Map update (Message 55 to 64 of 64)
From: Steve
Subject: Re: PoV World Map update
Date: 6 Aug 1999 18:22:36
Message: <37AB5FE7.25F72A53@ndirect.co.uk>
Bob

There's a question mark next to my name for some reason,
(probably why I'm in the sea), (Wigan North West England).

--
Cheers
Steve

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error reading file mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

Post a reply to this message

I finally have Outlook Express 5 figured out enough to post replies so
I'm posting here even though I have sent email already to you Steve.
Just so people know I am still here :)
For the curious, Steve had sent me his coordinates as numbers without
decimal places in the degree fields, no minutes. That was the
confusion. Not that it will correct anything probably because I think
I had guessed the correct numbers anyway from what he gave me.

Bob

Steve <sjl### [at] ndirectcouk> wrote in message
> Bob
>
> There's a question mark next to my name for some reason,
> (probably why I'm in the sea), (Wigan North West England).
>
> Bob Hughes wrote:
> >
> > You will have email from me soon. But yes, I've noticed aligment
> > troubles from the beginning, it comes down to the image_map used
mostly,
> > along with possible inaccuracies of lat/lon coordinate
submissions. Some
> > are just city or town names, the East West or South North
> > positive/negative is most important when sent in. Luckily everyone
> > states their placename as well, usually.
> >
> >  http://members.aol.com/wrld0rigin/uk.htm
> >
> > Have a look at this latest one please, anyone who is there in the
UK and
> > surrounding region (a few minutes from time of this message post).
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > Scott Hill wrote:
> > >
> > > Bob <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> > > >

> > >     I think you ought to check on the alignment of the image map
you're
> > > using.
> > >
> > >     At first I thought I'd been missed, checked you list, and
sure enough,
> > > I'm on there.
> > >     But where ? Let me tell you none of the spots on the UK are
over
> > > Cambridge (where I am).
> > >     Then I noticed those two spots that seem to be floating in
the sea.

> > >     Could it be that you're image map is shifted a couple of
degrees to the
> > > east ? (or that the spots are shifted a couple of degrees west).
That would
> > > explain the spots off the west coasts of Wales & Ireland and
correcting it
> > > would put one of the spots roughly over Cambridge !
> > >
> > > --
> > > Scott Hill : sco### [at] cyberlifecouk
> > > Software Engineer (and all round nice guy)
> > > Author of Pandora's Box : Watch this space.
> > > Work homepage : http://www.cyberlife.co.uk
> > >
> > > "We will decide what the news is. The news is what we tell you
it is." - The
> > > Fox TV network.
> >
> > --
> >  omniVERSE: beyond the universe
> >   http://members.aol.com/inversez/homepage.htm
> >  mailto://inversez@aol.com?Subject=PoV-News
>
> --
> Cheers
> Steve

----------------------------
> %HAV-A-NICEDAY Error reading file mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

Post a reply to this message

Bob I'll check it out and get back to you soon.  Sorry to see
you've turned to MS why?  Netscape does it all, or even agent.

Bob Hughes wrote:

> I finally have Outlook Express 5 figured out enough to post replies so
> I'm posting here even though I have sent email already to you Steve.
> Just so people know I am still here :)
> For the curious, Steve had sent me his coordinates as numbers without
> decimal places in the degree fields, no minutes. That was the
> confusion. Not that it will correct anything probably because I think
> I had guessed the correct numbers anyway from what he gave me.
>
> Bob
>
> Steve <sjl### [at] ndirectcouk> wrote in message
> > Bob
> >
> > There's a question mark next to my name for some reason,
> > (probably why I'm in the sea), (Wigan North West England).
> >
> > Bob Hughes wrote:
> > >
> > > You will have email from me soon. But yes, I've noticed aligment
> > > troubles from the beginning, it comes down to the image_map used
> mostly,
> > > along with possible inaccuracies of lat/lon coordinate
> submissions. Some
> > > are just city or town names, the East West or South North
> > > positive/negative is most important when sent in. Luckily everyone
> > > states their placename as well, usually.
> > >
> > >  http://members.aol.com/wrld0rigin/uk.htm
> > >
> > > Have a look at this latest one please, anyone who is there in the
> UK and
> > > surrounding region (a few minutes from time of this message post).
> > >
> > > Bob

> you're

> sure enough,
> over
> the sea.

> degrees to the
> That would
> correcting it

> it is." - The
> > >
> > > --
> > >  omniVERSE: beyond the universe
> > >   http://members.aol.com/inversez/homepage.htm
> > >  mailto://inversez@aol.com?Subject=PoV-News
> >
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Steve

> ----------------------------
> > %HAV-A-NICEDAY Error reading file mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

--
Cheers
Steve

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error reading file mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

Post a reply to this message

Netscape was fine actually, I just wanted to try to update this Win
system with the IE5 stuff and gave Outlook a whirl. It really does
have a few good points and does seem a bit faster as per
advertisement.

> Bob I'll check it out and get back to you soon.  Sorry to see
> you've turned to MS why?  Netscape does it all, or even agent.
>
> Bob Hughes wrote:
> >
> > I finally have Outlook Express 5 figured out enough to post
replies so

Post a reply to this message

> Netscape was fine actually, I just wanted to try to update this Win
> system with the IE5 stuff and gave Outlook a whirl. It really does
> have a few good points and does seem a bit faster as per
> advertisement.
>
> Bob

Faster in what regard ?

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: