POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SuperPatch: Is it for me? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:10:21 EDT (-0400)
  SuperPatch: Is it for me? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: SuperPatch: Is it for me?
Date: 20 Jun 1999 11:02:52
Message: <376d029c@news.povray.org>
I am wondering since after 5 years of playing with POV I still feel like
I haven't gotten 1/10 of what is already in POV standard. Although I am a
person of phenomenal intellectual ability, I am not quite as smart as the
average POV Bear, and the worst of my failings are in Math.

    Is there some subjective but overwhelming reason for using this? Because
if it's more to learn, just for a few more features, I already have some
features I could use if I had the time to learn them.

Post a reply to this message

>     I am wondering since after 5 years of playing with POV I still feel like
> I haven't gotten 1/10 of what is already in POV standard. Although I am a
> person of phenomenal intellectual ability, I am not quite as smart as the
> average POV Bear, and the worst of my failings are in Math.
>
>     Is there some subjective but overwhelming reason for using this? Because
> if it's more to learn, just for a few more features, I already have some
> features I could use if I had the time to learn them.

Ummm... It lets you get at more than the first 128 characters in your fonts.

(That's a very minor thing in the scope of the SuperPatch, but may have
application for actual use)

Post a reply to this message