POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SuperPatch: Is it for me? : Re: SuperPatch: Is it for me? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SuperPatch: Is it for me?
From: Jeff Lee
Date: 21 Jun 1999 14:30:37
Message: <376e84cd@news.povray.org>
"Jon A. Cruz" <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:
> Bill DeWitt wrote:
>>
>>     Is there some subjective but overwhelming reason for using this?
>
> Ummm... It lets you get at more than the first 128 characters in your fonts.

What do you mean?  I've been using high-bit characters under unmodified
POV-Ray with no problem (except having to use different versions of the
text objects when rendering the same scene under both OS/2 and Windows,
since they use different codepages).

--
Jeff Lee         shi### [at] gatenet         http://www.gate.net/~shipbrk/