POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Include Files Page Update Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Include Files Page Update (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Chris Colefax
Subject: POV-Ray Include Files Page Update
Date: 9 Jun 1999 21:04:43
Message: <375F0E2C.6C8D5EE9@ledanet.com.au>
The POV-Ray Include Files Page has been updated, with a new Windows
version (with GUI) of Warp's Mesh Compressor.  Also, the new Tile
Generator macro file has been released, which lets you render seamlessly
tilable images using pigments, textures, objects, and blobs (thanks to
Roberto Selva for the original suggestion of tiling objects):

  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434

You can control the tile size and aspect ratio, and tile direction
(horizontal and/or vertical).  The macro file also lets you create
infinite random pigments, textures, wood textures, or lighting using a
single seed value, which you can use to create tiles, or in any POV-Ray
scene (eg. random_wood_texture (876132)).  You can even create entirely
random tiles (using a combination of all the various features of the
file) with just a single number.

Yours,

Chris.

Post a reply to this message