POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Include Files Page Update : Re: POV-Ray Include Files Page Update Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Include Files Page Update
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 16 Jun 1999 20:24:23
Message: <3767099D.40CFE233@ledanet.com.au>
I wrote:

>The POV-Ray Include Files Page has been updated, with a new Windows
>version (with GUI) of Warp's Mesh Compressor.  Also, the new Tile
>Generator macro file has been released, which lets you render seamlessly
>tilable images using pigments, textures, objects, and blobs (thanks to
>Roberto Selva for the original suggestion of tiling objects):
>
>  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434

to which Alan Kong replied:

>   I thank you, Chris and Warp, for developing these great highly
> useful utilities and providing a place for us to obtain them.

And thank you, Alan, for taking the effort to reply (and in such kindly
terms, to boot!).  As some might say, A Job Well Done Is Its Own Reward
- nevertheless, a little external validation can go a long way!  While
I'm at it I really should say thank you for all your efforts as
representative of the POV-Team, and the various communications,
Compuserve uploads, etc. you've handled over the last few years -
consistently much appreciated!