POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Someday... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  Someday... (Message 21 to 28 of 28)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: Someday...
Date: 13 May 1999 06:15:38
Message: <373a97cb.10340228@194.174.214.110>
Hi Nathan Kopp, you recently wrote in povray.general:

> I seriously considered going to Siggraph this year, but the cost of the
> trip changed my mind.  :-(
Pity, it would have been a blast (it probably still will be<g>).
Thomas Baier and I are going this year and are looking forward to
meeting with a few other raytracers and POV-ers at the conference.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 13 May 1999 20:36:49
Message: <373b6211.0@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte heeft geschreven in bericht <373### [at] xs4allnl>...
>If you're ready thinking:
>  we could set up something in Rotterdam. I think I can arrange a place to stay

>Perhaps even visit V2.
>Any interested lowlanders?
>(no, that's not lowlife)
>
>Remco

yes, interested.

Oh, Enschede.......er is altijd nog Almelo, ....het stoplicht springt op rood,
het stoplicht.....

ingo

--
Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alan Kong
Date: 14 May 1999 11:13:48
Message: <373f2821.196917912@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 13 May 1999 09:15:34 GMT, lut### [at] stmuccom (Lutz Kretzschmar)
wrote:

>Pity, it would have been a blast (it probably still will be<g>).
>Thomas Baier and I are going this year and are looking forward to
>meeting with a few other raytracers and POV-ers at the conference.

  I thought you might be attending again this SIGGRAPH, Lutz.
Unfortunately, some unexpected and expected expenses have surfaced
(had to buy a new computer, among other things). Won't be meeting you
guys this year, either :(

  Maybe Eduard can meet up for a BOF get-together since he is not too
far of a drive from the conference.

  I hope you guys have a great time! Take pictures!
--
Alan
povray.org - official home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer

From: Remco de Korte
Date: 14 May 1999 18:35:20
Message: <373C97D6.905B6159@xs4all.nl>
ingo wrote:

> Remco de Korte heeft geschreven in bericht <373### [at] xs4allnl>...
> >If you're ready thinking:
> >  we could set up something in Rotterdam. I think I can arrange a place to stay

> >Perhaps even visit V2.
> >Any interested lowlanders?
> >(no, that's not lowlife)
> >
> >Remco
>
> yes, interested.
>
> Oh, Enschede.......er is altijd nog Almelo, ....het stoplicht springt op rood,
> het stoplicht.....
>
> ingo

Ok, that's one. Any more?

Ik zag laatst dat ze in Almelo zelfs computergestuurde stoplichten hadden, via
de satelliet of zo. Vast ook nog real-time gerendered.
Nee, gelukkig is er nog Haaksbergen, met die fijne landingsbaan voor
straaljagers...

Remco

(sorry for the off-topic Dutch blabbering)

Post a reply to this message

From: Julius Klatte
Date: 14 May 1999 20:08:13
Message: <373cacdd.0@news.povray.org>
>Ok, that's one. Any more?

Interested, yes. But I'm not sure I'll be able to come in
August (hope to have started my great big effe-uit-de-sleur
travels by then...)

Julius

Post a reply to this message

From: Michael
Date: 15 May 1999 14:00:36
Message: <941417D0F63BD21184D30080ADA97B8903B62E@michaelpc>
Lewis wrote in message <373873E4.4C8AAE19@netvision.net.il>...
>First of all, although I *am* a poor guy, IF I get to do what I might be
>doing in the army, then I'm gonna have fun.. I might work in
>Intelligence as a programmer or developer, and maybe even get to be the
>on writing the next-generation military 3d simulation applications. Who
>knows?

Don't be too successful, else whoever gets to use that software might well
have killed most of the POV-international people before you get a chance to
visit <grin>

(As a small aside, if you were being serious, it's unlikely that anyone will
work in military intelligence if they announce to the World they've applied
(or they intend to apply)...doesn't exactly go down too well given the usual
secrecy you're expected to adopt. Well not here, at least, where you are may
be different I guess)
--
Michael

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Date: 27 Jun 1999 07:40:17
Message: <377607A7.26858FEB@ndirect.co.uk>
Organisation of the event would take some time, and would best
achieved by someone organising in their home town. So it's got to
be central and in the home town of one of the hard core POVers.

Europe would have some other considerations, centrally placed and
POV population wise Germany would be the best choice, but Germany
is very expensive, and we have language/border barriers it might
not be too easy for some of our friends from eastern countries to
get into say Holland or Germany.

Just a few thoughts.

--
Cheers
Steve

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error reading file mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Date: 27 Jun 1999 07:40:18
Message: <3776089F.D53EEBC0@ndirect.co.uk>
Believe it or not but real life is still there even when the
computer is turned on.