POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wallpaper Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:36:33 EDT (-0400)
  POV Wallpaper (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Rune S  Johansen
Subject: POV Wallpaper
Date: 2 May 1999 17:17:49
Message: <372cb2ed.0@news.povray.org>
As a part of the POV Desktop Theme I think we should have a nice wallpaper.

Well, the opinions of what a nice POV-Ray wallpaper should look like may
vary a lot.
So what about a little competition (oh no, another competition!) so we
together can choose the best POV-Ray wallpaper?

The images shouldn't follow any rules, as it is up to each voter to decide
what is acceptable.

However, the authors as well as the voters could take these things in
consideration:
O The images should be nice to look at every day for a long time.
O The images should serve well as a background for icons ect...
O If it should be acceptable to use post-processing.
O If the image should also be interesting to look at.
O If the image should also be a kind of commercial for POV-Ray. (So
everybody can see that this great picture is made with POV-Ray.)
O Ect, ect...

Basically one should just vote for the image he/she would prefer to have as
wallpaper, but it should preferable also have a relationship with POV-Ray,
besides being made with POV-Ray.

So what do you think?

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen