POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wallpaper : Re: POV Wallpaper Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wallpaper
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 4 May 1999 17:20:35
Message: <372f5693.0@news.povray.org>
I think we could do both.

I thought it would be nice with at least one image which also have a
relationship with POV-Ray, besides being made with POV-Ray.

The image could for example be a kind of commercial for POV-Ray. (So
everybody can see that this great picture is made with POV-Ray.)

Maybe have the text-string "POV-Ray" as a major object in the scene or
something.

Also, it would be nice to have one image included in the theme so lazy
people don't have to get one from the net.

Anyway, all wallpapers are appreciated!

Spider wrote:
>Hmm.. I'd prefer that those of you who think they've made a good scene(a
"final"
>scene. if such exist) make a 1024x768 (or 1280x1024) render of it and we
link
>them all on the theme page... That way we have several different, and good
>images to use.
>
>"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:
>>
>> As a part of the POV Desktop Theme I think we should have a nice
wallpaper.

>> Well, the opinions of what a nice POV-Ray wallpaper should look like may
>> vary a lot.
>> So what about a little competition (oh no, another competition!) so we
>> together can choose the best POV-Ray wallpaper?

<snip>

>> So what do you think?
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Rune S. Johansen