POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Festival Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  Povray Festival (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Subject: Povray Festival
Date: 29 Apr 1999 12:42:48
Message: <37287df8.0@news.povray.org>
Povray 2000

A Festival of Raytraced Images

These are some preliminary proposals for the festival - feel free to
comment, suggest and criticize

You can post your comments here for general discussion or send them to me
personally.

The Festival will be a one off and the site will remain open for I year?

The closing date for the submission of pictures for the festival will be
December 31st 1999 for display on the web site by the end of January.
Pictures may be submitted after September 1st 1999

So that navigation around the site will easier the festival will be divided
into many categories:

A Preliminary list:

Natural world
Landscape
Seascape
People/Portraits
Experimental
Scientific
Mathematical
Fractals
Architecture
Interiors
Still-life
Abstract
My Worst
My Best
Fun/Humour
Futuristic
Space
Ethnic

Please feel free to suggest others.

I'm going to suggest a novel way of organising the site. People submit A
320x240 image of their pic with a short text description and a link to their
web site where a bigger version of the pic can be found. This has the
advantage of reducing bandwidth on the site whilst giving people an
opportunity to see more of your work.
For those without sites a larger image can be submitted which we will host.

I need a banner for the site - Pov colours lots of rays, glass etc. Wording
Povray 2000 a festival of raytraced images, or whatever, suggestions? So
come on guys be creative have a go.

I also need a legal person to sort out copyright  anyone out there a lawyer?

Finally I need lots of people with FREE access and phone calls to the net to
upload the pics. Perhaps people could volunteer to take on a category.
Otherwise the cost to me would be prohibative.

Get raytracing, we need your pics - Mick

Post a reply to this message