POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Festival : Re: Povray Festival Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Festival
From: TonyB
Date: 29 Apr 1999 16:55:20
Message: <3728A476.1DF6E6F3@panama.phoenix.net>
>The closing date for the submission of pictures for the festival will be
>December 31st 1999 for display on the web site by the end of January.
>Pictures may be submitted after September 1st 1999

Shouldn't 1 month be enough time to set things up? We could start submitting in
November, and get the site ready during December. We would have things
presentable in early January.

>Natural world
>Landscape
>Seascape

How about Nature? This would include all of the above.

>Please feel free to suggest others.

I think you missed Religion and Miscelaneous.

> I'm going to suggest a novel way of organising the site. People submit A
> 320x240 image of their pic with a short text description and a link to their
> web site where a bigger version of the pic can be found. This has the
> advantage of reducing bandwidth on the site whilst giving people an
> opportunity to see more of your work.

I take it you based this idea on the IRTC. I think that this is the best way to
subdivide the site. Chronologically (the month and year of the image's
creation), Alphabetically (the title of each image), by Artist (the last and
first name of the artist), and by Category (the aforementioned categories). I
don't think a separation by country is necessary, as in the site I take this
idea from: http://www.raph.com/3dartists/3dp.html

> I need a banner for the site - Pov colours lots of rays, glass etc. Wording
> Povray 2000 a festival of raytraced images, or whatever, suggestions? So
> come on guys be creative have a go.

Maybe the Title shoud be the common image (i.e. the one we make together).

> I also need a legal person to sort out copyright  anyone out there a lawyer?

Mr. Tyler has the uncanny ability to write like one. Ask him. (=

> Finally I need lots of people with FREE access and phone calls to the net to
> upload the pics. Perhaps people could volunteer to take on a category.

Obviously this isn't a one person job. I would like to help. Maybe I can turn on
my FTPDaemon at a specified time, or let people ICQ the files to me. I don't
have a free connection, but it is unlimited, as is my telephone, so there is no
problem here. I would upload during the night to the site.