POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Festival : Re: Povray Festival Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Festival
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 29 Apr 1999 15:22:26
Message: <3728a362.0@news.povray.org>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote in message <37287df8.0@news.povray.org>...
[snip]

>I'm going to suggest a novel way of organising the site. People submit A
>320x240 image of their pic with a short text description and a link to
their
>web site where a bigger version of the pic can be found.

I think this is a good idea. And it can easily be done in a totally
transparent way, where the visitor never knows that the image comes from
some other server. You'll need some volunteers (or some automated mechanism)
though, to look for broken links, in case people take down or move their
larger pic (and even if everybody has the best intention not to, over a
course of a year that *will* happen).

>Finally I need lots of people with FREE access and phone calls to the net
>upload the pics. Perhaps people could volunteer to take on a category.
>Otherwise the cost to me would be prohibative.

Mark me up for that and contact me once you need help with it.

Johannes.