POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ask a silly question... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:31:23 EDT (-0400)
  Ask a silly question... (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Josh English
Subject: Ask a silly question...
Date: 31 Mar 1999 18:12:13
Message: <3702AC2F.47E6F2BD@spiritone.com>
I am almost done with a scene I'm worknig on and I need to replace the
cylinder and sphere "trees" with something a bit more realistic. Gilles
Trans tree macro is amazing, and there's always LParser, but the biggest
problem I have is that I can't find the outer extremities of these
shapes to scale them and place them properly in my scene.

I remember that there was an include file of some sort that could find
the outer extremities of any object and build a frame around it... it
was also recommended to help place a text object in the file. Does
anyone remember this or have I been hallucinating again?

Josh English
english/@spiritone.com

Post a reply to this message

The Superpatch has two functions, min_extent() and max_extent() that return
the minimum and maximum coordinates of the object, in other words, its
bounding box. I really don't think you can do this with standard POV
functions.

Margus

Josh English wrote:

> I am almost done with a scene I'm worknig on and I need to replace the
> cylinder and sphere "trees" with something a bit more realistic. Gilles
> Trans tree macro is amazing, and there's always LParser, but the biggest
> problem I have is that I can't find the outer extremities of these
> shapes to scale them and place them properly in my scene.
>
> I remember that there was an include file of some sort that could find
> the outer extremities of any object and build a frame around it... it
> was also recommended to help place a text object in the file. Does
> anyone remember this or have I been hallucinating again?
>
> Josh English
> english/@spiritone.com

Post a reply to this message