POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I did it! At last... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  I did it! At last... (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Stephen Lavedas
Subject: Re: I did it! At last...
Date: 3 Mar 1999 23:31:06
Message: <36DE0CDC.8CA2F0F6@virginia.edu>
Well, a couple of things... A, yes I got a copy from my student book
store, but Lance is also a student, and therefore a valid user of
academic editions.  Second, I am allowed to transfer the software one
time to another user... the only question is if NT belongs to the Visual
C++ license or has it's own.  I'll answer that from the EULA Section 4.2
which deals with using NT Workstation without a license.  This indicates
that NT is licensed separately.  Therefore a valid entity to transfer
the license from one end user to another as is also specified in the
EULA.  As long as I don't use it, or maintain any part of the NT system,
here, I can transfer it.  Thanks for your concern however.

Steve

Rudy Velthuis wrote:

> Stephen Lavedas schrieb in Nachricht <36DC6043.D647B86A@virginia.edu>...
> >Hey Lance... I just bought a copy of Visual C++ 6.0 for school which
> >came with a copy of NT Workstation 4, if you want it, I'll send it to
> >you if you don't mind paying shipping.  Just a thought, I'm sure not
> >going to use it.
>
> I'm afraid you're perhaps not allowed to sell the NT4 just like that. I'd
> recommend reading the MS license papers first. If you bought this for
> school, you might have a special license (if it was at a special price, you
> almost certainly have). If the license doesn't say anything against it,
> you're propably OK. Just be careful with selling parts of packages like
> these, you *could* get into (legal) trouble.
>
> BTW this is not a flame, just serious advice.
>
> --
> Rudy Velthuis

Post a reply to this message