POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I did it! At last... : Re: I did it! At last... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I did it! At last...
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 5 Mar 1999 07:15:49
Message: <36dfcaf5.0@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst schrieb in Nachricht <36df199e.0@news.povray.org>...

>Hell, I jumped from 486DX120/16/300MB to Celeron416/64/10GB 2 months ago
>(~14X speed increase in POV). The first 3 days I was a happy puppy. By now
>I'm sick&tired of the slow-ass low-memory piece of crap (Yeah, I know, I've
>been raytracing too long...)
>It's sad, really. One never finds satisfaction. At least not for long
<sigh>

In my experience, if you go from a slower to a faster machine, you get used
to the increased speed very easily, and even find it still too slow after a
while. You really feel the difference, if you have to go back to a slower
machine. Then you'll learn to appreciate the new one. I think this counts
for any increaese in speed, size, wealth, etc. in life. You only feel the
difference if you have to go back.

--
Rudy Velthuis