POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Desktop Theme (2nd try) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:09:09 EDT (-0400)
  POV Desktop Theme (2nd try) (Message 11 to 20 of 27)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Psychomek
Subject: Re: POV Desktop Theme (2nd try)
Date: 22 Feb 1999 08:07:30
Message: <36D15621.563A7832@cyberhighway.net>
"John M. Dlugosz" wrote:

> Rune S. Johansen wrote in message <36d00f0d.0@news.povray.org>...
> >I've made some cursors already. They
> >are all made with POV-Ray except the
> >I-beam and the cross which I think
> >would be too annoying to have in POV
> >graphics. The 14 true color cursors
> >(three animated) are together 184 KB.
> >In which group should I post them if
> >anyone want them at all?
>
> Feel free to email me with a ZIP file.
> Generally, the best thing to do is post it on your own server (web site or
> FTP) and include a URL in your message.
>
> >I think a great idea for the
> >screensaver would be the "You know you
> >have been raytracing too long..."
> >quotes displayed in a random order.
> >Does anyone want to make this? Maybe
> >someone with programming skills.
>
> I like the idea.  It won't take up too much CPU power, either.  Better yet,
> make it a POV-Win plugin, so it can access the current scan line/percent
> done information and include that!
>
> Instead of "wallpaper", how about a Active Desktop component that would
> display the current work in progress?
>
> --John

I can't do Active Desktop components as i have no idea n how to do that but i
can do the wallpaper.....

Post a reply to this message

From: Spider
Date: 22 Feb 1999 14:30:34
Message: <36D1AEFE.371974D0@bahnhof.se>
> Instead of "wallpaper", how about a Active Desktop component that would
> display the current work in progress?
And bunch us that don't use a MS shell out?
Come on, Active desktop sucks CPU from pov...

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 22 Feb 1999 15:21:51
Message: <36d1bc5f.0@news.povray.org>
John M. Dlugosz wrote:
>Rune S. Johansen wrote in message <36d00f0d.0@news.povray.org>...
>>I've made some cursors already. They
>>are all made with POV-Ray except the
>>I-beam and the cross which I think
>>would be too annoying to have in POV
>>graphics. The 14 true color cursors
>>(three animated) are together 184 KB.
>>In which group should I post them if
>>anyone want them at all?
>
>Feel free to email me with a ZIP file.
>Generally, the best thing to do is post it on your own server (web site or
>FTP) and include a URL in your message.
<snip>

I uploaded the cursors in a zip file (24KB) at
http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj/other/povcursors.zip
I think they'll stay there until the whole
theme is finished.
It's not too late to change them if you think
they need improvements.

Rune S. Johansen
http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Becker
Date: 23 Feb 1999 08:31:46
Message: <36D2AE26.4C9E83C7@zess.uni-siegen.de>
"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:

> I uploaded the cursors in a zip file (24KB) at
> http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj/other/povcursors.zip
> I think they'll stay there until the whole
> theme is finished.
> It's not too late to change them if you think
> they need improvements.

They don't work. Part of them has black backgrounds.
There aree bit errors in the cursors, especially
the ani-files.

Markus
--

 Ich nicht eine Sekunde!!!" H. Heinol in Val Thorens

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 23 Feb 1999 15:45:59
Message: <36d31387.0@news.povray.org>
Markus Becker wrote:
>"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:
>>
>> I uploaded the cursors in a zip file (24KB) at
>> http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj/other/povcursors.zip
>> I think they'll stay there until the whole
>> theme is finished.
>> It's not too late to change them if you think
>> they need improvements.
>
>They don't work. Part of them has black backgrounds.
>There aree bit errors in the cursors, especially
>the ani-files.

I downloaded the zip-file and all the cursors
worked fine on my computer. I uploaded two more
zip files which are copies of the original
but I don't think that makes a difference.
I also uploaded all the cursors non-zipped.
It's all at http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj/other
I think that's all I can do.
Anybody else have problems with the cursors?
Anybody don't have problems with them?

Rune S. Johansen
http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 23 Feb 1999 17:30:08
Message: <36D32BC2.D7813516@aol.com>
They're great. All configured into my Windows theme nicely. Must have
been a bad d/l or other unforeseen circumstance for Markus.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV

Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Becker
Date: 24 Feb 1999 05:43:30
Message: <36D3D7E4.4207BEBD@zess.uni-siegen.de>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> They're great. All configured into my Windows theme nicely. Must have
> been a bad d/l or other unforeseen circumstance for Markus.

I guess if it had been a bad download, the ZIP file would
have been corrupt. It was not. So I guess it's my video driver.

Markus

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Feb 1999 14:41:22
Message: <36D455B4.ACFE8DED@aol.com>
You know what though, since I checked, I did have 2 cursors with default
MS icons instead of what should have been icons representing the cursors
themselves. I cut and pasted them to a final location and they are
normal now. Curious huh? Maybe there is an oddity going on with them
after all.
Was beginning to think you meant the black outlines at the transparency
cutoff and the possibilty of animated ones "twitching" as they moved due
to Windows itself intervening them periodically. Guess thats not what
you were talking about...?

From: Markus Becker
Date: 25 Feb 1999 05:20:20
Message: <36D52445.5BFEEF3F@zess.uni-siegen.de>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> You know what though, since I checked, I did have 2 cursors with default
> MS icons instead of what should have been icons representing the cursors
> themselves. I cut and pasted them to a final location and they are
> normal now. Curious huh? Maybe there is an oddity going on with them
> after all.
> Was beginning to think you meant the black outlines at the transparency
> cutoff and the possibilty of animated ones "twitching" as they moved due
> to Windows itself intervening them periodically. Guess thats not what
> you were talking about...?

No, most of them have a complete black background, some
transparent pixels. And once selected, it's not easy to
get the standard Windows cursors back...

I can send you a snippet of a screenshot if you like.

Markus

From: Dick Balaska
Date: 25 Feb 1999 08:47:27
Message: <36D5545F.F771EA9B@buckosoft.com>
Markus Becker wrote:

> Bob Hughes wrote:
> >
> > They're great. All configured into my Windows theme nicely. Must have
> > been a bad d/l or other unforeseen circumstance for Markus.
> >
> I guess if it had been a bad download, the ZIP file would
> have been corrupt. It was not. So I guess it's my video driver.

But none of you has mentioned which version of Windows you're using.
NT or 95? (98 is just 95 w/ie4)  They are very very different.
I would guess Bob runs 95 and Markus, NT.

dik

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>