POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : paralell lines and fisheyes Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  paralell lines and fisheyes (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: paralell lines and fisheyes
Date: 15 Feb 1999 01:40:21
Message: <36c7c155.0@news.povray.org>
A photograph using a wide angle lens will show distortions, such that
buildings, which are vertical, appear bent.

Yet a POV image with a very wide angle camera (a direction vector of length
0.4) my verticals and horizontals and depth lines are all straight.  depth
lines converge to a vanishing point, but vertical lines stay vertical and
parallel to each other, and horizontal lines stay straight and paralell to
each other.

Why?

--John

Post a reply to this message