POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : paralell lines and fisheyes : Re: paralell lines and fisheyes Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: paralell lines and fisheyes
From: Ken
Date: 15 Feb 1999 20:44:48
Message: <36C8CD3B.FF291F00@pacbell.net>
John M. Dlugosz wrote:

> Nieminen Mika wrote in message <36c81e65.0@news.povray.org>...
> >Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> >: You used the 'fisheye' lens? Or not...?
> >
> >  Or better the 'ultra_wide_angle'.
> >  An example of distortion made with the ultra_wide_angle camera can be
> >found at http://iki.fi/warp/pics/logo5.jpg
>
> I don't want to duplicate the effect.  I just wonder why the regular
> perspective lens doesn't do that.  I thought that effect, which we se in a
> camera, is an artifact of the wide perspective.

I have found that the radial distortion you would expect often times
manifests itself more often with camera positions close to objects
and seems to deminish with distance. An example would be a tall object
nearly off screen and near to the camera while the main focus of the
scene is further back. You can really exagerate this (to me unwanted)
effect by adding a little tilt to the camera. Like placing it at y*5
and have your look_at set to y*1.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net