POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are you? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Where are you? (Message 153 to 162 of 172)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Where are you?
Date: 25 Feb 1999 07:43:31
Message: <36D544E9.AC5E140F@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Markus Becker wrote:
> /.../
> >
> > But we're drifting OT here.
> >

> Drifting off-topic? Hell, that's mildly said :)
> It's weird: people complain about OT posting, yet still all the real
> monster threads are completely off-topic (and I have been an accomplice to
> this). I think this one beats even the "arrogant e-mail" thread. Anybody
> interested in counting?
>
> Margus

I have it at 154 with this post. The arrogant thread I think ran around
130 maybe more so this is probably a record or will be by the time it
dies down.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 25 Feb 1999 16:49:04
Message: <36d5c550.0@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst schrieb in Nachricht <36D52600.D206D8DB@peak.edu.ee>...
>Markus Becker wrote:
>/.../
>>
>> But we're drifting OT here.
>>

>Drifting off-topic? Hell, that's mildly said :)
>It's weird: people complain about OT posting, yet still all the real
>monster threads are completely off-topic (and I have been an accomplice to
>this). I think this one beats even the "arrogant e-mail" thread. Anybody
>interested in counting?

In threads which are clearly off topic anyway ("Where are you" is not really
related to the product) this doesn't matter a lot. In important threads, the
signal to noise ratio should be as low as possible. Being off topic there
can be a nuisance.

So being off topic is not always bad. If people are not interested in this
thread, they can just as well ignore it.

Don't forget: everyone likes to chitchat every now and then. That's
perfectly human.

My 2c.

--
Rudy Velthuis