POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are you? : Re: Where are you? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are you?
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 25 Feb 1999 16:49:04
Message: <36d5c550.0@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst schrieb in Nachricht <36D52600.D206D8DB@peak.edu.ee>...
>Markus Becker wrote:
>/.../
>>
>> But we're drifting OT here.
>>

>Drifting off-topic? Hell, that's mildly said :)
>It's weird: people complain about OT posting, yet still all the real
>monster threads are completely off-topic (and I have been an accomplice to
>this). I think this one beats even the "arrogant e-mail" thread. Anybody
>interested in counting?

In threads which are clearly off topic anyway ("Where are you" is not really
related to the product) this doesn't matter a lot. In important threads, the
signal to noise ratio should be as low as possible. Being off topic there
can be a nuisance.

So being off topic is not always bad. If people are not interested in this
thread, they can just as well ignore it.

Don't forget: everyone likes to chitchat every now and then. That's
perfectly human.

My 2c.

--
Rudy Velthuis