POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV desktop scheme project? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  POV desktop scheme project? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Rune S  Johansen
Subject: POV desktop scheme project?
Date: 30 Jan 1999 15:57:04
Message: <36b37220.0@news.povray.org>
Anyone interested in a Pov desktop scheme?

What about having Pov graphics all over
the screen? icons, animated cursors, and
background image, screensavers, (, and
sounds?).

This is of course most interesting for
people who have Microsoft Plus!, although
other win 95/98 users can use many parts
of it too.

We need some ideas for a general theme.
It  has to be simple (you can't see
details on a 32x32 icon) except the
background image. Also, does anybody know
a freeware or shareware program that
somehow creates screensavers?

Anyone interested in this project?

Rune S. Johansen
http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

Post a reply to this message

What would be more interesting is graphics for either Reveal or Litestep...

Reveal is _very_ configureable, but Litestep is far more common..

Litestep : http://www.litestep.net
Reveal : http://reveal.unpaved.net
//Spider

"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:

> Anyone interested in a Pov desktop scheme?
>
> What about having Pov graphics all over
> the screen? icons, animated cursors, and
> background image, screensavers, (, and
> sounds?).
>
> This is of course most interesting for
> people who have Microsoft Plus!, although
> other win 95/98 users can use many parts
> of it too.
>
> We need some ideas for a general theme.
> It  has to be simple (you can't see
> details on a 32x32 icon) except the
> background image. Also, does anybody know
> a freeware or shareware program that
> somehow creates screensavers?
>
> Anyone interested in this project?
>
> Rune S. Johansen
> http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

Post a reply to this message

> Anyone interested in a Pov desktop scheme?
>
> What about having Pov graphics all over
> the screen? icons, animated cursors, and
> background image, screensavers, (, and
> sounds?).
>
> This is of course most interesting for
> people who have Microsoft Plus!, although
> other win 95/98 users can use many parts
> of it too.
>
> We need some ideas for a general theme.
> It  has to be simple (you can't see
> details on a 32x32 icon) except the
> background image. Also, does anybody know
> a freeware or shareware program that
> somehow creates screensavers?
>
> Anyone interested in this project?
>
> Rune S. Johansen
> http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

I will not say that I think this is a silly plan, but if you need a screensaver
I'm sure there'll be plenty people here willing and able.
At least I am.

Regards,

Remco

Post a reply to this message