POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cubic Spline Question Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Cubic Spline Question (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike Metheny
Subject: Cubic Spline Question
Date: 19 Jan 1999 14:15:19
Message: <36a4d9c7.0@news.povray.org>
Hey all; got a small problem with some spline code.  Here it is.

//begin file
#include "colors.inc"

camera{location <5,30,-60>
       look_at<0,0,0>
      }

light_source{<1000,1000,-1000> White}

 background{Gray50}

prism {
    conic_sweep
    linear_spline
    .5, // sweep the following shape from here ...
    1, // ... up through here
    9, // the number of points making up the shape ...
<0,1.5>,<1.5,0>,<31,0>,<32.5,1.5>,<32.5,15>,<31,16.5>,<1.5,16.5>,<0,15>,<0,1
.5>
translate<-16.25,0,-8.25>
rotate <180, 0, 0>
    translate <0, 1, 0>
    scale <1,6,1>
pigment{Green}}

//end file

Now I tried this without the first translate statement, and it was not
symmetrical, it seemed to extrude the spline strangely; so I thought my
points needed to center around the origin, which is what the first translate
should do; but I noticed no change.  Also; is there a way that I can specify
the angle the spline extrudes at?  And this question is mainly for Ken:
1)how do you export something from AutoCad to a format POV can use, and when
you do it is mesh based correct?  2)can you still do CSG and transparent
textures and all that with such objects?

Thanks guys.

Mike Metheny
lon### [at] vtedu
http://loneshepherd.ml.org/

"When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

Post a reply to this message