POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cubic Spline Question : Re: Cubic Spline Question Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:34:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cubic Spline Question
From: Mike Metheny
Date: 19 Jan 1999 22:19:26
Message: <36a54b3e.0@news.povray.org>
<<There are much easier ways of going about making a complex
multifaceted object than with a prism. The first would be
with my diamonds.inc files. One is in macro form and the other
is a standard include file. The macro is in the macrostation
at http://twysted.net and the inc file is in the pov objects
collection at the same site. The second alternative is to use
the brilliant gem stone cuts posted recently in the one of the
scene files groups.>>

Well, an emerald cut is relatively simple.  I was trying to do that
intersection of planes thing but i couldn't even make a box.  I fooled
around a lot w/the planes and it was definately very screwy.  But like I say
I don't know what I'm doing.  A lathe I don't think would work; as it's all
sharp cuts and stuff.  Do you know why the prism object sweeps funny like
that rather than symmetric?

Mike Metheny
lon### [at] vtedu
http://loneshepherd.ml.org/

"When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."