POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cubic Spline Question : Re: Cubic Spline Question Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:33:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cubic Spline Question
From: Ken
Date: 19 Jan 1999 23:44:05
Message: <36A55E83.AAD03568@pacbell.net>
Mike Metheny wrote:

> Well, an emerald cut is relatively simple.  I was trying to do that
> intersection of planes thing but i couldn't even make a box.  I fooled
> around a lot w/the planes and it was definately very screwy.  But like I say
> I don't know what I'm doing.  A lathe I don't think would work; as it's all
> sharp cuts and stuff.  Do you know why the prism object sweeps funny like
> that rather than symmetric?
>
> Mike Metheny
> lon### [at] vtedu
> http://loneshepherd.ml.org/
>
> "When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

I have only touched on them in a general way. I played with your
code a bit but had no idea what the shape was supposed to be so
stopped.

Some excellen examples of using planes to create multi-sided
objects lie in the shapes.inc files. Shapes.old, shapes.inc,
and shapes2.inc. Everything from 4 sided to 20 sided shapes.
It's a good learning exersize. So are the brilliant cut diamonds
I referred you to in the scenes files groups which are constructed
using planes.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet