POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Changes to 3.1d "Official Release"? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Changes to 3.1d "Official Release"? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Kyle
Subject: Changes to 3.1d "Official Release"?
Date: 8 Mar 1999 14:46:49
Message: <36E428FF.D49246D9@geocities.com>
I downloaded POV-Ray version 3.1d about 2 weeks or so ago (before it was
"officially released").  I've noticed that 3.1d is now the official
release and am wondering if there is any need for me to download the new
one?  Are there any changes at all I mean?

		Kyle

Post a reply to this message

> I downloaded POV-Ray version 3.1d about 2 weeks or so ago (before it was
> "officially released").  I've noticed that 3.1d is now the official
> release and am wondering if there is any need for me to download the new
> one?  Are there any changes at all I mean?
>
>                 Kyle

Have a look at povray.annouce.frequently-asked-questions . It said there
that the bump-map bug has been removed! If you want to use bump-map you
should download 3.1e!!

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message

> I downloaded POV-Ray version 3.1d about 2 weeks or so ago (before it was
> "officially released").

I am wondering, what do you mean with ""officially released""?

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

>> I downloaded POV-Ray version 3.1d about 2 weeks or so ago (before it was
>> "officially released").  I've noticed that 3.1d is now the official
>> release and am wondering if there is any need for me to download the new
>> one?  Are there any changes at all I mean?
>>
>>                 Kyle
>
>Have a look at povray.annouce.frequently-asked-questions . It said there
>that the bump-map bug has been removed! If you want to use bump-map you
>should download 3.1e!!

Where from?!
I've been searching all over the place to get my hands on 3.1e, but it
doesn't seem to have been released yet - even though update message has been
posted to "povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions" :(

Where's the official (like there's another one anyway;) 3.1e already? :P

Matt

--
"He's not the Messiah, he's just a naughty little boy"
- Life of Brian

Post a reply to this message

> I've been searching all over the place to get my hands on 3.1e, but it
> doesn't seem to have been released yet - even though update message has been
> posted to "povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions" :(
>
> Where's the official (like there's another one anyway;) 3.1e already? :P

A version of POV-Ray is considered >official< when it is posted in the
POVRAY forum library section 2 on CompuServe. Currently the DOS 3.1e is
available there. All other supported platform versions will surely follow
when they are ready.

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message