POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : skin texture? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  skin texture? (Message 16 to 25 of 25)
From: Marc Schimmler
Subject: Re: skin texture?
Date: 27 Feb 1999 15:18:02
Message: <36D853AE.D015F3CE@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Alan Kong wrote:

> Marc Schimmler wrote:
> >> This is even better than the one from Bill Fleming. I just stared on it
> >> for a minute or so. I see a project rising at the horizon (Oh yeah, so
> >> much do to ... and no time left!)
>
>   You might consider starting with a finger or a hand first. Evenly applying
> ink to one's face and trying to 'roll' this image smoothly onto a long sheet
> of paper will probably take several tries <g>.
>
> - Alan

But this might improve your skin texture (the original one!). <g>

But the idea is not that bad (just ink to finger). One can try to render
his or her own fingerprints!

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message

From: Alan Kong
Date: 28 Feb 1999 09:58:53
Message: <36D959A0.918C31B1@compuserveNO-SPAM.com>
Marc Schimmler wrote:
>> But the idea is not that bad (just ink to finger). One can try to render
>> his or her own fingerprints!

  Hmm... on second thought, maybe I should add a warning to this idea -
"Don't post your fingerprints on the internet!" It may sound like a bit of
paranoia on my part but who knows what someone might do with a high-quality
reproduction of *your* fingerprints <g>.

  Footprints might be pretty harmless, though.

- Alan

Post a reply to this message

>  Hmm... on second thought, maybe I should add a warning to this idea -
>"Don't post your fingerprints on the internet!" It may sound like a bit of
>paranoia on my part but who knows what someone might do with a high-quality
>reproduction of *your* fingerprints <g>.
>
>  Footprints might be pretty harmless, though.

Unless they are found at the site of a crime. I think you're right. Don't
publish your fingerprints anywhere.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Post a reply to this message