POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : skin texture? : Re: skin texture? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: skin texture?
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 28 Feb 1999 13:47:18
Message: <36D98FE9.83D26A5D@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Alan Kong wrote:

> Marc Schimmler wrote:
> >> But the idea is not that bad (just ink to finger). One can try to render
> >> his or her own fingerprints!
>
>   Hmm... on second thought, maybe I should add a warning to this idea -
> "Don't post your fingerprints on the internet!" It may sound like a bit of
> paranoia on my part but who knows what someone might do with a high-quality
> reproduction of *your* fingerprints <g>.

Funny, that was the second thought that came into my mind when I wrote
this and at that moment I thought it would be wise to alter the picture
if I post it anywhere.
There is no paranoia to this just that important part of carefulness.

BTW, I heard that the american government thinks about selling their
driving license databases to private organisations. Is that true? I
wouldn't feel good if I knew that there could be private enterprises
running around there that had so much information about me plus a
picture.

>   Footprints might be pretty harmless, though.

You can't be sure of that.

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler